All staff and volunteers have a duty to keep students safe and to protect them. They must feel able to raise issues of concern and everyone must fully recognise their duty to do so particularly in terms of child protection.
Safeguarding team at Leigh Academy Blackheath
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs E Smith
- Senior Deputy Safeguarding Lead & Online Safety Coordinator: Mrs R Tilley
- Designated Child in Care Support: Ms A Kenshole
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead Airy: Mrs C Lindars and Mr J Ritchie
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead Fawcett: Ms E Nuttall and Mr J Cowie
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead Sancho: Mr D Morrison and Ms R Garcia
- Safeguarding Officer & Medical Lead: Ms H English
- Leigh Academy Blackheath’s Safeguarding Governor: Mr Wayne Barnett.
If you have any concern about a safeguarding issue please speak to the appropriate person or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that a child or young person is at IMMEDIATE risk, you should treat this as an emergency and call the academy, or call 999 to report your concerns to the Police.
Most children enjoy generally happy childhood experiences within their own family. Unfortunately for some this is not the case. During difficult family times, everyone who knows the child must do the best they can to protect them from future harm.
Anyone who is concerned about a child’s safety or wellbeing can contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). The MASH is based at 1st Floor, The Woolwich Centre, 35 Wellington Street, London SE18 6HQ.
- Consultation line (for professionals only): 020 8921 2267
- Telephone number for referrals: 020 8921 3172
- Referrals or other communications via secure Email: email@example.com or faxed to 020 8921 3180.
The MASH is operational during office hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Friday: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Referrals outside office hours are handled by the Out of Hours Social Worker who can be contacted on 020 8854 8888.