Student Online Learning Portal – LAB Remote Learning
Welcome to our Remote Learning Resources page where you will find links and information for completing work whilst away from the academy. If you require support to access any of the resources, please refer to the guidance sheets provided below. If you are still experiencing issues, please email email@example.com or the relevant subject teacher directly. However, please note that due to the current situation it may take longer than normal to receive a response.
How will Remote Learning Work?
- Staff will be setting work each day following the students’ normal timetable- lessons for that day may be added in the morning. We use two platforms:
- Bromcom – This is a simple way for parents to see their child’s schedule for the day. All homework is posted here as well as any relevant lesson information. This can be accessed by parents using our ‘how to guide’.
- Google Classroom – ALL lesson resources, including videos, documents and quizzes will be posted here. This is where students will access their work daily. They can also use the discussion feature to ask questions.
- Student engagement with work will be monitored by their subject teacher each day whilst students are working remotely. This tracking will allow college teams to contact the parents/carers of those students that are not engaging so that appropriate actions can then take place.
- If a member of staff is unable to set work due to illness, students should explore some of the online learning platforms and websites shared in our ‘Independent Learning Document’ which can be found on this page, until the Director of Learning for that subject can set work on their behalf (there may be a delay for this)
- Students should continue to complete at least one Accelerated Reader (AR) quiz every 2 weeks. If they do not have access to the AR portal, they must continue to track their reading progress using their reading report.
- Students are expected to complete 1 hour of reading per day as normal.
The work set by teachers has been planned in consideration of the resources available to students whilst working remotely. We understand that for some working at home can be a challenge, but we encourage all students to continue with daily study so that as little learning time as possible is lost during their time away from school.
Should your child forget their LAB gmail password, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At LAB and the wider trust, we subscribe to the National Online Safety organisation. We utilise the extensive resources to guide our approaches to keeping our students safe online and highly encourage all stakeholders to regularly engage with these resources (which include various modules we highly recommend)
If you require accessible versions of these documents please email: email@example.com