Student Online Learning Portal – LAB Remote Learning
Welcome to our Remote Learning Resources page where you will find links and information for completing work whilst away from the academy. If you require support to access any of the resources, please refer to the guidance sheets provided below. If you are still experiencing issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant subject teacher directly. However, please note that due to the current situation it may take longer than normal to receive a response.
How will Remote Learning Work?
- Work will be set daily on Doddle following each students’ normal timetable.
- Presentations, worksheets and lesson resources will also be posted on individual subject Google classrooms and sites.
- Student engagement with work will be monitored by their subject teacher regularly whilst students are working remotely.
- If a member of staff is unable to set work due to illness, students should explore some of the online learning platforms and websites shared in our ‘Independent Learning Document’ which can be found on this page.
- Students should continue to complete at least one Accelerated Reader (AR) quiz every 2 weeks. If they do not have access to the AR portal, they must continue to track their reading progress using their reading report.
- Students are expected to complete 1 hour of reading per day as normal.
The work set by teachers has been planned in consideration of the resources available to students whilst working remotely. We understand that for some working at home can be a challenge, but we encourage all students to continue with daily study so that as little learning time as possible is lost during their time away from school.
Should your child forget their LAB gmail password, please contact: passwordreset@