You may be aware that, on Monday and Tuesday of next week (18th and 19th July), the temperature is forecasted to be particularly high.
Because of this, we are making the following changes:
- Our annual Sports Day will now occur on Wednesday (20th July) when the weather is expected to be cooler.
- Tuesday will be a non-uniform day in order to allow students to wear cooler, more comfortable clothing.
Uniform arrangements for the week will be as below:
- Monday 18th July – Students are welcome to wear their PE Kit to school
- Tuesday 19th July – This is a non-uniform day
- Wednesday 20th July – Students must wear their PE Kit for Sports Day
Please note that clothing and footwear worn by students on non-uniform days must remain suitable for school.
We have included guidance in this regard below:
- Shorts and skirts must be knee-length;
- Crop tops, sleeveless tops, low cut t-shirts and beachwear is not permitted;
- Hats and sunglasses may be worn outdoors but not inside the academy;
- Slip on, open-toed shoes such as sliders or flip-flops are not allowed (for safety reasons).
Please note that any student deemed to be wearing inappropriate clothing may be removed from general circulation and lessons until an appropriate piece of clothing can be brought into school.
Finally, your child may also wish to bring sunscreen to school to protect themselves from the risk of sunburn.
Thank you for your continuous support.
Mrs E Smith