We are transferring our Chromebook loan programme over to a new system which will improve the process for repairing devices when needed. The new programme will require your child to exchange their current device for a new Chromebook, which we would like to do before the summer break. As you have already signed a loan agreement for their original device you will not be asked to sign a new agreement but we do ask that you note the changes below linked to arrangements around repairing damage, breakages or faults. Please, contact us if you have any questions regarding the changes prior to exchange, otherwise we will assume you are in full agreement.
Changes to the arrangements for repairing devices can be found below:
- ‘All Chromebooks remain the property of Freedom Tech under the management of Leigh Academies Trust and are on loan to learners whilst they are on roll at Leigh Academies Trust’.
- ‘The Chromebook must not be reset by anyone other than the LAT IT department’
- ‘The academy administrator will log and manage the insurance claim’.
- ‘Should an insurance claim be made it may take up to two weeks for the return of the repaired or a replacement device. A loaned spare device will be provided in the meantime and the same terms and conditions will apply to this loaned device’.
- ‘Chargers are not included in the main management of the device. Replacement chargers will be made available to purchase via ParentPay’.
The exchange of devices will take place on Tuesday 20th July 2021.
The following actions must be completed to ensure your child receives their new device, if these are not completed in full your child will not be able to receive their new chromebook before the summer break.
- Your child must bring their Chromebook and charger to the academy on Tuesday 20th July 2021.
- Devices which are currently being repaired by FreedomTech will be retained by the academy on their return, and your child will receive a replacement device if they return their charger to the academy on Tuesday 20th July 2021.
You will recall that earlier in the year we sent out login details for the National Online Safety site. This site has a very good range of online courses for parents, carers and students, as well as helpful guides and information to support the development of positive and safe behaviour when working online. We recommend that you register on the site, if you have not already done so, and complete the course Online Safety for Parents of Children 11-14. The log in details for the site are:
Please follow http://nationalonlinesafety.com/enrol/leigh-academy-blackheath and complete your details. When you’re set up, you’ll be able to set ‘Parent/Carer’ as your user type.
You can access National Online Safety online via any device- including via our brand-new smartphone app. To download the app, please go to:
Answers to frequently asked questions and customer service can be accessed at https://helpdesk.thenationalcollege.co.uk/helpcentre
We have included a copy of the Chromebook loan agreement with this letter for reference, the amended repair information has been added but can be found at point 15 onwards.